Friday, February 19, 2010

What is the best adhesive on shoe rubber when applying Crytals?

I am trying to add foiled flat back crystal 4mm to the outside rubber sole of my daughters shoes. They keep falling off and nothing seems to be keeping them on help! I have use Gem Tac, Flip Flop Glue, E6000.What is the best adhesive on shoe rubber when applying Crytals?
I am thinking the glue is not your problem.


If the rubber part of the shoe bends at all it would pop them off.


If you would like to try another glue, try Aleenes clear tacky. It will have some ';give'; to it and help the crystals stay on the shoe when it flexes.


The only other possibility I can think of would be Hot Glue. Sorry I am not of more help. Good luck.What is the best adhesive on shoe rubber when applying Crytals?
The problem is, you are actually gluing the foil, not the crystals. I truly don't know of any glue that will keep crystals on the edges of an active child's shoe. This site might give you some help.


http://www.thistothat.com/index.shtml
heh, try to use sandpaper, rough stuff on the center, and mix some 2 part epoxy, and mix it fast, clam it together with a vice or something, as to apply a lot of pressure, and let it set for a day or two. i dont know what you mean by crystals, but epoxy is extremly strong, if all else fails, use gorilla glue or duck tape

No comments:

Post a Comment